Raid Extreme Germany
22 July 2024
What is Raid Extreme?
Raid Extreme Germany stands for a challenge without hectic, being on the water for a long time and pushing yourself to your limits. The Strelasund is a wonderful sailing area with bays and large expanses of water, challenging winds and beautiful nature. We have hidden a total of six “treasure chests” around the Strelasund, which you are to find and collect a treasure from each chest. The order in which you search for the treasures is up to you. Your ambitions decide the course of your day. You can give it your all and race against the clock and try to collect all six treasures or just be there, sailing together with friends and looking for only two or three treasures, that’s perfectly fine too. The choice is yours! After 5pm it’s all over and we can celebrate.
Monday, 22 July 2024
em² Campus am Strelasund (Baltic Sea)
Am Strelasund 1
18519 Sundhagen (Germany)
Who can take part?
The Raid Extreme is not a pure sailing race. Any watercraft is welcome! Paddling, rowing, sailing, air mattress with fins, SUP, bathing island – everything is allowed! It will be difficult for keelboats, though, because some treasures are lying on the beach.The only rule: no motor!
How does the Raid X work?
Sunday, 21 July 2024
- 6:00 p.m. Skippers’ meeting and preliminary discussion on the em² campus
Monday, 22 July 2024
Race Raid Extreme Germany
- 04:45 a.m.: Morning coffee in the galley, handing out packed lunches for the participants, then getting the boats ready.
- 5:26 a.m.: Start, sunrise – start in the kitchen tent of the em² Campus. From there you go to your boat on the beach or in the harbour of the marina and start the treasure hunt.
- 5:00 p.m. Uhr: Finish, end of the race. Afterwards, kettle soup, award ceremony and campfire, sailor’s yarns
Tuesday 23 July 2024
- Sleep in
- Maybe one or the other small tour with other participants or swap and test boats.
You will receive a treasure map and an exact description of the location at the skippers’ meeting in the evening. Here are the coordinates of the treasures in advance, subject to change.
You can stay overnight on the em² campus with a tent or camper van.
Every guest of the em² Campus can join in the galley. Guests are welcome to join in and celebrate. You pay for the food at the em² prices from the galley. Please register when you book or at the latest when you arrive so that the galley team can plan.
Raid X will start early on Saturday. So that you can sleep as long as possible, em² will sponsor an energy-rich packed lunch for the participants. You’ll get it with your morning coffee. And for dinner there will be a hearty soup from the big cauldron over the fire.